La Sgargina Lugana D.O.C.
Vinification: traditional white, with pre-fermentative cold maceration and rest for a few months on the lees.
Aroma: intense and elegant fruity notes with floral nuances and light hints of almond and white peach.
Palate: soft and harmonious with characteristics of extreme freshness and flavor, almost saline.
Color: pale straw yellow with greenish reflections.
Food Suggestions: appetizers, fish dishes from both the lake and the sea, seafoods and white meats. Also excellent with hard cheeses.
- Grape Varietals: Trebbiano di Lugana 90%, 10 % other white grapes.
- Vineyards: southern area of Lake Garda.
- Average age of the vines: 15 years.
- Soil: predominantly calcareous layered clay, rich in mineral salt.
- Harvest Period: mid-September.
- Alcohol Content: 13% by vol.
- Residual Sugar: 4 grams per liter.