Vinification: Long traditional red maceration in automated winemakers, followed by malolactic fermentation and subsequent aging, part of which in large oak barrels. Further two months in bottle to let the wine rest.
Aroma: Notes of red berry fruits, complexed by spices and balsamic nuances.
Palate: Good structure, notable freshness and long finish enhanced by soft and silky tannins.
Color: Deep ruby red with violet reflections.
Food Suggestions: Ideal with soups, traditional first courses, cured meats, white meats and medium/mature cheeses.
- Grape Varietals: 90% Sangiovese, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Merlot.
- Vineyards: Located at 350 m above sea level, municipality of
- Barberino Tavarnelle (FI).
- Average age of the vines: 15-20 years.
- Soil: Clayey, rich in skeleton, medium texture.
- Harvest Period: End of September-mid October.
- Alcohol Content: 13.5% by vol.
- Residual Sugar: 2 grams per liter.